Sunday, September 27, 2009

People

Recently, I went to the New Delhi Railway Station (RS) to drop off and days later to pick up my wife and sis in law. It was after more than a year that I was going to the RS and it never ceases to amaze me to see so many people at one place travelling to different destinations. I do not know how many of you have been to the RS specially in India, but one thing is for sure it leaves a lot of varied emotions inside you. It makes you ponder over life's im-balance and the sheer existence of human life or the lack of it.

Where else would you get to see so much class imbalance than a RS. I could clearly differentiate that of the roughly 12-14 compartments, 1 was the unreserved compartment for the bottom class people, around 8 for the striving middle class -I say striving coz they are almost there- and around 4-5 AC coaches for the poignant middle calss - who can travel by AIR but still believe that a penny sorry rupee saved is a rupee splurged later on. We definitely (of course me and most of my friends) fall in the last category of people.
I am of the firm belief that there is no such thing as a upper class of people. Even though the so called nouveau rich think they are the upper class i am sorry to disappoint them they are still very much middle class in their hearts & minds.